Wednesday 24 June 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – I Wait Quietly Before God

Psalm 62:5-6 NLT Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation, my Fortress where I will not be shaken. 

 

My hope is in continually in God. I wait quietly before Him, He is my hope, my rock and my salvation, my fortress in whom I trust and I will not be shaken. I confess my feelings and emotions to God. My prayers to God, has been built upon my faith and trust in HIm. He has released me from all emotional stress. Trusting God to be my rock, salvation, and fortress has changed my entire outlook in my life. No longer must I be held captive by resentment towards others when they have hurt me. When I rest in God’s loving strength and feel His arms circled around me, nothing can shake me. I may think such people are “lighter than a breath of air.” 

What then can tilt the scales when God weighs me? Trusting God is working within me and for me. Wealth, honour, power, or prestige add nothing to my value in God’s eyes; only the faithful work I do for Him has eternal value.

 

Prayer

 

Heavenly Father, I wait quietly before You, for my hope is in You all day long. You alone are my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. I praise and thank You for always being beside me and helping me overcome all my feelings and emotions. You alone are the One I trust. My love, confidence, faith, trust completely belong to You in the precious and holy name of Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment