Wednesday 1 January 2020

Forgetting the Past and Moving Forward....



Reading:

Philippians 3: 13-14 “I desire to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart.“

Prayer

Father, I surrender this past year and give it up to You. I give You all my failures, regrets, disappointments; I have no more use for them. Make me a new person, forgetting what lies behind and pressing forward to that which lies ahead. I give You all my hopes and dreams for the future. Purify them by Your Spirit, so that my will shall truly reflect Your will for me. As I stand on the threshold of a new year, encourage me by my successes of the past, challenge me by the power of Your Word, and guide me by the presence of Your Holy Spirit. I will not be afraid or dismayed, for You Lord are with me wherever I go. With confidence in God, I can look ahead and walk boldly into a new year. Thank You so very much I look to this year with great expectations in Christ Jesus with praise and adoration. Amen.

There came a time in my life when God asked my family and I to move house so that He could help me to put past failures, regrets, and insecurities behind me. I cut the ties that I needed to. At the same time, He taught me how to pray with the Holy Spirit, thus showing me both the importance of prayer and how it could be used to break strongholds that I had allowed into my life. I moved forward knowing that what lay ahead would be far greater than anything I had left behind. We must ask God to give us wisdom, insight, and discernment to help us understand the things He wants us to know. Once you have made a prayer of commitment to God asking Him to forgive the sins which offended Him, you have made your peace with God. He then purifies the heart, mind, body, soul, and spirit from sin by washing and purifying our souls in the blood of Jesus Christ. Then, we begin to have a new life centred on Christ, and our lives begin to change because of what He has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment