Sunday 19 January 2020

‘Come and Join Me In Prayer’ - I Am What I Am – Taken from: ‘A House of Prayer’ – Daily Devtional

Romans 15:5-6 TLB May God who gives patience, steadiness, and encouragement help you to live in complete harmony with each other – each with the attitude of Christ toward the other. And than all of us can praise the Lord together with one voice, giving glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer

Lord, I expose my heart to You in obedience to the prompting of the Holy Spirit of God. I need Him as much as I need You. I seek first to please You and to centre my life upon You. I will not listen to the opinions of man/woman nor what they may think I should do. I ask You to set me free from all the bondages the world has put me in. Break the strongholds within my life, which hinder Your plans for me. I lay down at Jesus’ feet all the curses, negativities, and limitations man/woman place upon me. I come against them in the name of Jesus Christ. He pours out His blood for me, and He washes me clean. Nothing will prevent me from honouring God’s call upon my life. With true grit and determination I will follow the Spirit of the living God as He will guide and lead me to His perfect plan. Whatever I am now it is all because God has poured His special favour and grace upon me. I have worked hard, and yet it is not I but God who works through me by His grace. I am what I am in Him and He accepts me. Only in Him can I be safe and steady and growing. Help me dear Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment