Monday 27 January 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Be Obedient

Timothy 1:18-19 TLB Now, Timothy, my son, here is my command to you: Fight well in the Lord’s battles, just as the Lord told us through his prophets that you would. Cling tightly to your faith in Christ and always keep your conscience clear, doing what you know is right. For some people have disobeyed their consciences and have deliberately done what they knew was wrong. It isn’t surprising that soon they lost their faith in Christ after defying God like that. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, may You give me the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of You, having the eyes of my heart enlightened, that I may know what is the hope to which You have called me, what are the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints.  There is surely a future hope for me, and my hope will not be cut off. I praise and thank You that through Your precious Son Jesus Christ, You have enabled and empowered to live a life in submission, and obedience, depending and leaning upon the Holy Spirit of God. 
I ask You to help me think Your thoughts and see things from Your perspective. You have created me into Your image so that I would have this amazing capacity. As I wait in Your Presence, You not only unscramble my thinking, You also straighten out my path throughout the day. You are Sovereign over every aspect of my life, so opening up the way before me is no problem for You. Some people think and don’t realise how much You can facilitate their activities – removing obstacles, giving insights that save time, and so on. Spending my time with You, Lord is so precious to me. I praise and glorify You through Your precious Son Jesus Christ and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment