Wednesday 9 September 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’ ‘Loyalty and Kindness’

Never tire of loyalty and kindness. Hold these virtues tightly. Write them deep within your heart. If you want favour with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgment and common sense, then trust the Lord completely; don’t ever trust yourself.
Wisdom gives; a long, good life, riches honour, pleasure, peace. Wisdom is a tree of life to those who eat her fruit; happy is the man who keeps on eating it.
Iniquity is atoned for by mercy and truth; evil is avoided by reverence for God.
(Proverbs 3:3-5, 16-18, 16:6 TLB)

Prayer

O my beloved God let me never tire of loyalty and kindness towards others. Help me hold onto these virtues tightly. Write them deep upon my heart, so then I will find favour with both God and man and have a reputation for good judgment and common sense, as I trust in the Lord, completely, I never want to trust myself ever again. Through Your love and faithfulness my sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord. He is Lord, and with His help I can avoid evil.
I receive wisdom from God; it gives me a long, good life, riches, honour, pleasure and peace. Wisdom is a tree of life to those who eat her fruit; happy is the man who keeps eating it. I most certainly want to eat all of God’s good fruits.
I shall wait upon the Lord, I put my hope, love, faith and trust in Him always.
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever – increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. Let me get my eyes off self, and constantly focus my eyes upon Christ Jesus the Author and Finisher of my faith. Make me more like Him and less like me, I need Him to continually change me.
So let me get up and stand on my own feet with Him. He has appeared to me to appoint me as a servant of the living God to all the nations of His people. To speak and testify what I have seen Him do in my own life and those lives around me. I can testify and be a witness to God that He lives in me and I live in Him.

You have rescued me from my own people. You are sending me to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they will receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Jesus Christ and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment