Wednesday 14 June 2023

FOR GET THE FORMER THINGS


 

Isaiah 43:18-19 NLT But forget all that – It is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

 

At times it has been hard for me to forget the former things I was involved with before I knew God. It was only when I cried out to God, and Jesus came into my life things began to change. Once that happened, I could not get enough of God’s Word. I would bathe in the Scriptures, continually asking God to reveal to me what they meant for me. 

When God led me to this verse, I began to see what He was revealing to me. He wanted me to forget the past, and my past was nothing compared to what He was going to do for me in the future with my life with Jesus Christ. He was going to do something knew, and He had already begun doing it. Where I had been walking in the wilderness for the first forty years of my life, now Jesus was living in my heart and life, there was no need for me to walk in the wilderness any longer. God would make it clear to me the pathway He wanted me to take and I would walk on it. 

 

Prayer

 

Jesus, I remember those wonderful days when I first met You. Sometimes, I laughed and sometimes I cried with You, but I have never given up, nor have I forgotten what You have done for me. 

I lost many friends because of my faith in You, my friends and loved ones did not seem to understand the importance of my relationship with You. They walked away from me, but Lord, You never have. 

Lord, I will forget the former things, I will not dwell on my past, for I can see You are doing new things in my life, and You are making them clear to me for the glory, honour, and praise of the Lord Jesus Christ name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment