Saturday 25 April 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Keeping Focused on Jesus

Hebrews 12:2 NLT We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now He is seated in the place of honour beside God’s throne.

 A Christian life involves hard work. It requires me to give up whatever endangers my relationship with God, to run with endurance and to struggle against sin with the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God helping me. For me to live effectively, I must keep my eyes on Jesus. If I stumble if I look away from Him to stare at myself or at the circumstances surrounding me. I should be running for Christ, not myself, and I must always keep Him in sight.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I ask You through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, to help me keep my eyes focused upon Jesus Christ. He is the champion who initiates and perfects my faith. I need Him to help me live a Christian life, this involves hard work. I give up whatever endangers my relationship with God, to run with endurance and ask Him to help me with my struggles against sin. For me to live effectively, I must keep my eyes on Jesus at all times. If I stumble if I look away from Him to stare at myself or at the circumstances surrounding me. I shall be running for Christ, not for myself, and I must always keep Him in my sight. I ask this prayer in the precious name of Jesus Christ my precious Lord and I commit and commend my life to Him. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment