Monday 20 April 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – God Proves His Servants

1 Kings 18:36-39 NLT O Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that You are God in Israel and that I am Your servant. Prove that I have done all this at Your command. O Lord, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that You, O Lord, are God and that You have brought them back to Yourself.
Immediately the fire of the Lord flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the trench! And when all the people saw it, they fell face down on the ground and cried out, “The Lord – He is God! Yes, the Lord is God!”

God flashed fire from heaven for Elijah. He will also help us accomplish what He commands us to do. The proof may not be as dramatic, in our lives as in Elijah’s, but God will make resources available to us in creative ways to accomplish His purposes. He will give us the  wisdom to raise a family, the courage to take a stand for truth, or the means to provide help for someone in need. Like Elijah, we can have faith that whatever God commands us to do, He will provide what we need to carry it through.

Prayer 

O my precious God, I believe You will prove You are God over all the world and that I am Your servant. Prove that the work I have done, all this at Your command. O Lord, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that You, O Lord, are God and that You have brought them back to Yourself. I praise and bless You always in the name of Jesus Christ and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment