Saturday 18 April 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Do Not Worry

Philippians 4:6-7 NLT Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Can you imagine never worrying about anything! It seems like an impossibility; we all have worries on the job, in our homes, at school. But Paul’s advice is to turn our worries into prayers. Do you want to worry less? Then pray more! Whenever you start to worry, stop and pray.
God’s peace is different from the world’s peace (see John 14:27). True peace is not found in positive thinking, in absence of conflict, or in good feelings. It comes from knowing that God is in control. Our citizenship in Christ’s Kingdom is sure, our destiny is set, and we can have victory over sin. Let God’s peace guard your heart against anxiety.

Prayer

Almighty and merciful God, thank You for showing me I do not need to worry about anything, instead, all I need to do is pray about everything. I will tell You what I need, and I will always thank You for everything You have done for me in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit’s presence, He helps me to stay alert in prayer. I invite Him to empower my prayers with the Life of Jesus Christ, and He will grant me His peace and guard my mind and heart as I live for Him. I honour, glorify, magnify and exalt the Lord my God, for ever and always. I praise and thank Him for all the goodness He has bestowed upon me in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment