Friday 2 August 2013

New Blog Post: "God Trains Us"



Proverbs 22:6 NIV Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Prayer

Father God, You are training me now and not later. Your purpose is for this very minute, not for something in the future. I have nothing to do with what follows my obedience, and I am wrong to be concerned with it. What people call preparation, You see as the goal itself.
Your purpose is to enable me to see You can walk on the storms of my life right now. If I have a further goal in mind, I am not paying attention to the present time. However, I realize that moment-by-moment obedience is the goal, and then each moment becomes precious to me.
I ask You to instruct and discipline me in the way I should go. Tune my ears to wisdom and let me concentrate on understanding. I cry out to You for insight and ask for understanding, so I never forget the things You have been teaching me.
I store Your commands within my heart. I will pay attention to what You say. I will listen carefully to Your Word and will not lose sight of them. I ask You would penetrate Your Word deep within my heart, mind, spirit, soul and body, for Your Word brings life to those who find them and healing to their whole body. I shall keep Your words and store up Your commands within my heart, mind, body, spirit and soul. I will keep Your commands and I will live; I will guard all Your teachings as they are the apple of my eye binding them on my fingers; writing them on the tablet of my heart. Help me always to be prepared and grant me discernment to face for whatever comes my way in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment