Friday 9 August 2013

New Blog Post: "Courage in God"



I Samuel 17:4-47 NKJV “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of Hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, who you have defiled. “This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you.”
Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”

Prayer

O my precious God, when I face trials and tribulations within my life You will provide the courage I need to see me through the challenges I have to face through Jesus Christ. You have promised me You will never leave or forsake me and You will be with me wherever I go. You will help me to follow in Your footsteps and enable me to fulfill the calling and anointing You have placed upon my life through Your name. I will succeed because You have anointed me to succeed and I accept I am here to do Your bidding.
You have made me bold and very courageous giving me great courage – not merely human courage, but courage rooted in the sovereignty of God which helps and strengthens my faith to grow through the Holy Spirit of God.   
I can recall all the past victories God has given to me in His faithfulness. I trust God to guide and lead me and to give me the strength and right attitudes to succeed in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Every time God calls me to follow Him, I do expect opposition, even from surprising sources.
Defeat is not a viable option for me and I do not look for or consider defeat as an option. I refuse to look for ways of escape. I will not entertain any thoughts of defeat but have the courage in God to know He is a God who is unshakeable and His promises of deliverance are faithful and true in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment