Monday 19 August 2013

New Blog Post: "Labour in the Lord"



Philippians 2:16 NKJV Holding fast the Word of Life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or laboured in vain.

Prayer

O my beloved God, I have always tried to obey the voice of God whether You are absent or not. I know I need to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling, that I am to give careful attention to my actions and behaviour, making sure I represent the One who saved me. It is God who works in me to do and to will for His good pleasure, so I may become more into the likeness of His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
I will try to do things without complaining and disputing, and become blameless and harmless, child of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, amongst whom I shine as a light in the world. I hold fast to the Word of Life through Jesus Christ, so I may rejoice in the day of when I know from Jesus I have not run in vain or laboured in vain.
Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of my faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. For the same reason I also can be glad and rejoice with you. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind me and I now reach out and look forward to those things which are ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. Let us walk together having being of the same mind in the mind of Jesus Christ our precious Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment