Wednesday 20 May 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Developing God’s Wisdom

Proverbs 2:6-7 NLT For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.

God, has granted to give to me wisdom to use to glorify and magnify His name. I have gained wisdom through a constant process of growing in Him. First, I had to learn to trust and honour God. Second, I had to realise that the Bible reveals God’s wisdom to me. Third, I must make a lifelong series of right choices to avoid moral pitfalls. Fourth, when I make sinful choices or mistakes, I must learn from my errors and recover. I have not developed all aspects of wisdom at once. I have made my life a life of prayer, asking God to fill me with wisdom, insight, revelation, understanding, knowledge, for these gifts have more than common sense. I have prayed for all aspects of wisdom and take the steps to develop them.

Prayer

Gracious and loving God, thank You for filling me with the Holy Spirit of God in the name of Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Thank You, for granting me wisdom, to use to glorify and magnify Your name. Thank You, I have gained wisdom and insight through constant prayer and the process of growing in You. I have learned to trust and honour You. I realise how I need to meditate upon the Bible, it reveals to me the wisdom of God. With God’s help the Holy Spirit of God, helps me to make the right choices to avoid the moral pitfalls. When I have made sinful choices or mistakes, I have learned from my errors and have recovered not to do it again. I have not developed all aspect of wisdom at once, but asked God for all of His good gifts enabling me and empowering me to see everything from His perspective helping me to honour Him in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment