Saturday 2 May 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – No Longer Slaves

Galatians 4:6-7 NLT And because we are His children, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out “Abba Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are His child, God has made you His heir.

We must leave the bonds of slavery we had before we accepted Jesus with Him. He has defeated the enemy (evil) and everything he represents behind us. We belong to the Lord Jesus, and He has purified us as His children in the Blood of Christ. We are now His vessels and no one else’s. He went ahead of us, protecting us from the past and the present and adopting us into His family. We are grafted into the “Vine of God” branches abiding in Him. Jesus has set us free from being bond slaves to man. We are now bond slaves to Christ. As adopted children of God, we can share with Jesus all His rights and have access to God’s resources. As God’s heirs we can claim what He provides for us as our full identity as a children of God.

Prayer

Almighty God, You have clothed me with Your strength, and I wear Your beautiful garments—the garments of God. You have removed the unclean godless people from me; no longer will they enter my gates. I shall rise up from the dust. You, O God, have removed the slave bonds from my neck. I thank You, O God, for Your love, mercy, and grace. Most importantly, I thank You for the joy of Your salvation and resurrection of Jesus Christ in my life. Thank You for the awesome power of the Holy Spirit of God. You have revealed Your name and power to me; I am Your child. I will come to know more of Your love and power and authority. At last, I recognize it is You who speaks to me. I will go and leave my bonds of slavery with You. I put the enemy (evil) behind me and everything that he represents for they are unclean to me. I am Yours, Lord Jesus. You will purify me as Your child in the blood of Jesus Christ. I am Your vessel and no one else’s. You will go ahead of me, and You will protect me from before and behind. All honour and glory are Yours forever in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment