Thursday 2 July 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Pay Attention O God

Psalm 5:1-3 NLT O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but You. Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to You and wait expectantly.

 

I get up early in the morning, the first thing I do when I wake up is to praise and thank God for the new day. I am eager to come and sit with Him, so I quickly get into the shower, get dressed and pray that I am dressed in the full amour of God, and ask God to protect me from the evil one. 

I go downstairs where my dog greets me, she is excited that I am up and ready to take her for her morning walk. When I get home I make sure she is fed and watered, then I make my cup of coffee, gather my Bible, Prayer Journal, and Daily Readings and sit in my favourite place and give God my full attention. 

The secret of a close relationship with God is to pray to Him earnestly each morning. This is when my mind is free from problems, and I can commit the whole day to Him. I am regularly in communication with Jesus, I know He is present with me wherever I am and wherever I go. He helps my faith and friendship to grow in Him. This is so necessary for me to have a strong relationship with God. I need to communicate with Him daily. Having this regular time to pray and read God’s Word is the most important part of my day. 

 

Prayer

 

O Lord, hear me as I pray to You. I give You my full attention, as I cry out to You for help. You are my King and my God for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning Lord. Each morning I bring all of my requests to You and wait expectantly for You to answer me in the precious name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment