Thursday 16 July 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – The Lord Helps Me

Psalm 40:2-3 NLT I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

 

When I have had to wait on God, I have not at times found it easy; but I have received four benefits by me waiting. (1) God lifted me out of my despair, (2) God set my feet on solid ground, (3) God steadied me as I walked and (4) God put a new song in my heart to praise, worship, adore and love Him more. Often I have to wait for God’s blessings and sometimes I go through a trial of waiting. 

 

Prayer

 

Lord Jesus, thank You for giving me the strength and patience to wait upon You. Thank You for helping me when I cry out to You. You lift me out of my despair, out of the mud and mire. You set me upon the solid ground of God, steadying me as I walk along the path with You. How grateful and thankful I am to You always and forever more, I place my love and trust in You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment