Tuesday 31 March 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Holy Spirit of Promise

Ephesians 1:14 NLT The Spirit is God’s guarantee that He will give us the inheritance He promised and that He has purchased us to be His own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify Him.

The Holy Spirit of God is God’s guarantee that we belong to Him and that He will do what He has promised. The Holy Spirit is like a down payment, a deposit, a validating signature on the contract. The presence of the Holy Spirit in us demonstrates the genuineness of our faith, proves that we are God’s children, and secures eternal life for us. His power works in us to transform us now, and what we experience now is a taste of the total change we will experience in eternity.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, since I first heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my faith has become strong in Him. I praise and thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit, to dwell and live within me. He has brought me the Good News of Jesus Christ. I continually ask You to give me spiritual wisdom and guidance to continue walking in the glory of Him. I pray my heart will be flooded with Light so that I can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called – His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance. I also pray that I will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for I believe in Him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the place of honour at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. I commit and commend this prayer into Your hands in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment