Friday 6 March 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Blessed in the Lord

Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank,with roots that reach deep into the water.Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.

Sometimes, it is hard to trust someone You cannot see, but over the years I have learnt to trust in the unseen (Jesus Christ), He has been far better to me than if I had trusted in   human beings. Trusting in God, has been far greater to me, than I could have ever imagined. He has given me the hope and confidence where men/woman never have. He has never let me down. When I have trouble, when I have put my trust in human beings; they have continually let me down. When I put my trust and turned to the Lord, I have had abundant strength, not only for my needs, but also for the needs of others. God, has planted me beside a long riverbank, where my roots grow down deep into the waters with Jesus Christ. I trust Him to lead me step by step through each day. He provides sufficient Light for me but only one day at a time. If I try to look into the future, I find myself peering into darkness: His Face shines upon me only in the present! This is where I find His gracious Love that has never failed me. I want to live ever so near to Him - flourishing in His transforming Light forever and always through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, in Christ.

Prayer

Father, I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen me with power through His Spirit in my innermost being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I may be rooted and established in love, may have the power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God for the honour, praise, and glory of God in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment