Wednesday 15 April 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Hold onto God’s Teachings’


Romans 12 1-2 TLB And so, dear brothers, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living sacrifice, holy – the kind He can accept. When you think of what He has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think. Then you will learn from your own experience how His ways will really satisfy you.

John 8:31-32 TLB Jesus said to them, “You are truly My disciples if you live as I tell you to, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Prayer

Father God, I offer You my body as a living sacrifice, may it be pleasing and acceptable to You, O God, and this is an act of my spiritual act of worship to You. May You accept it with praise, adoration, and all of my love to You? No longer will I be conformed to the pattern of this world, but I shall be transformed by the renewing of my mind in Jesus Christ my precious Lord, and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Then I will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will.
I hold onto the teachings of Christ, for I am Your disciple. Then I will know the truth, and the truth of the Gospel of Christ will set me free. I shall always make sure to spend regular time studying God’s Word and be saturated in prayer before Him. I know by studying His Word, everything that held me in bondage, Jesus has forgiven me and has set me free from all the forces of evil I touched before I personally had a relationship with Him.

My thoughts are changing, my words are changed, my attitudes and my actions. They are changing from one degree of glory to another, and are continually being transformed into God’s image. I shall consider carefully what I hear. With the measure I use will be measured to me – even more than ever before. I will honour, praise, glorify, and magnify my God more and more for only He is worthy to be praised and adored and loved forever and always through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment