Friday 23 January 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Coming Into the Good Land’



Deuteronomy 8:6-10 NIV Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in His ways and revering Him. For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land – a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills; with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey, a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks and iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.
When you have eaten and satisfied, praise the Lord your God for good land He has given you.

Prayer

Lord God, I will observe Your commands, I will walk in all Your ways and I will always revere Your name. For You are the Lord my God and You are bringing me into a good land – a land flowing with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills; with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey; a land where bread will not be scarce and I will lack nothing; a land where the rocks and iron I can dig copper out of the hills.
When I have eaten and am satisfied, I will praise the Lord my God for the good land He has given to me.
Never ever let me forget the amazing grace of God, which He has bestowed upon me. Never, ever let me forget God when He has met all my needs and wants, when He satisfies me. Let my table of prayers serve as a constant reminder of the Lord’s goodness to me and my duty for those who are less fortunate than I am.
Let my heart love Him more than any relationship, activity, achievement, or possession I have. I commit myself completely to Christ Jesus. I seek to know Him and His Word, so His principles and values are based on the way I think and what I do. I recognise my strengths and talents are given to me by God to be used for His rules and not mine.
All my resources ultimately come from God, and with the help of God I can manage them for I do not own them. I dedicated my life completely in the service of God and to man. The main purpose of my life is to work for the glory of God’s Kingdom and Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment