Wednesday 10 July 2013

New Blog Post: "The Great Shepherd"




Psalm 23 NIV The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Have you got a personal relationship with the Great Shepherd? I have through Jesus Christ my Lord and through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. He really has been a great and faithful Shepherd to me. I do not know where I would have been today if it had not been for Him saving, rescuing and redeeming me from my sins.
Going through Breast Cancer, brought me even closer to God. God led me to Psalm 23 which I began to pray on a daily basis. The Word of God became my strength and purpose and this gave me the courage to go through the trial which was before me. I knew as I prayed this prayer to God, every word I spoke to Him came from the depths of my spirit, soul and heart. He gave me the confidence to believe He would heal and restore my body, mind, spirit and soul.
I did not know whether my time on earth was at an end but what I did know was God would never hurt or harm me. He never said life in Him would be easy but what He did say was He would take care of me as I depended upon Him. My faith and trust was completely in God. I was so grateful and thankful to Jesus who promised me He would be with me through it all. He had sent the Holy Spirit of God, to give me His grace, strength, courage and love this helped me to come to terms with the battle ahead.
Every step I took I acknowledged God within it. I was not on my own He was with me every step of the way. He helped me to cope with the family, medical staff, treatment and everyone who was involved with me at that time.
The sickness I had been from the enemy. The confidence I had was in God who had already triumphant over the enemy when He won the victory on the Cross of Calvary. The enemy was a defeated foe not because of what I had done; no it was because of what Jesus had done for me. He alone is only worthy to be praised, adored and loved. There is only One God who is worthy of praise in Christianity, God seen in three ways as the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God. To know God has anointed my head with oil; my cup does overflow with all His goodness and love, it will follow me all the days of my life, as I dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment