Monday 15 July 2013

New Blog Post: "God’s Strength"




Deuteronomy 4:37-38 NIV He brought you out of Egypt by His Presence and His great strength, to drive out before you nations greater and stronger than you and to bring you into their land to give to you for your inheritance, as it is today.

We have to come to the place in our lives where we need to admit before God we have sinned against Him asking Him to forgive us our sins through Jesus Christ our Lord. It is up to the individual person whether they do this or not. No one can make this choice for you. Individually, each one us is accountable to God for the way we behave.
I personally am so thankful and grateful when God challenged me about my own sin through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ and through the Holy Spirit of God. I knew I had to ask Him to forgive me everything which I had done which was contrary to His Word, Will and Law.  I asked Him to come into my heart and to make His home within me. I began to live with Him and He began to live with me.
I knew my heart and mind needed to be changed. I did not want to copy the behaviour and customs of this world any longer; but wanted God to transform me into a new person by changing the way I thought. I asked Him to create in me a clean heart and renew a loyal spirit within me my heart towards Him. Never again did I ever want to walk out of the will of God.
I asked Him to sustain my soul, spirit and heart in Christ Jesus. I knew God had forgiven my sins because the turmoil, anxieties and stress suddenly had gone completely. I received God’s love, joy and peace which sustained my heart and life. I could see I was changing radically from the person I once was, into the person God wanted me to become. He brought me into the Kingdom of Heaven where He reserved a place for me.
God is a faithful and loving God, He brought me out of Egypt the land of slavery (my sin), by His Presence and His great strength; He drove out mine enemies (the evil forces) I had touched. Those evil forces were stronger than me but they were not stronger than God. I trusted Him to deliver me and thankfully He has sent me free from the influences I had allowed in my spirit, mind, heart and soul. He is bringing me into the land of mine inheritance as He said and promised.
It is not easy walking in the paths of God but with God’s Holy Spirit, He is the One who enables us to walk in the paths of His righteous laws. When we trust Him and rely upon His grace we receive His grace to meet our needs.
We constantly must be aware of acknowledging God in our everyday life, including Him and asking Him, “Lord, what would You have us to do?” It is then we learn patience as we wait for Him to respond to our requests. Our prayer requests will be answered at His appointed time. We can never force God to do anything nor should we want too. God calls us to be humble before Him this pleases Him. After all He is the Almighty God, the Great God and the Everlasting God what right have we to tell Him what He can and cannot do within our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment