Monday 29 July 2013

New Blog Post: "Do Not Rely On Self "



2 Corinthians 1:9 NLT In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead.

Prayer

Father, I have died to the seed of self and to the flesh and everything of this world. My old sinful nature has been crucified with Christ Jesus and I no longer live but that Christ God lives and abides in me. This life that I now live in this body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and who died for me. As a result, I have stopped relying upon myself and am learning to rely upon God, who raises the dead.
Father, I live to please the Spirit of God and through Him I will harvest everlasting life from Him. So let me not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time I will reap a harvest of blessing if I don’t give up.
May I never boast about anything except the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ? Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died. It doesn’t matter whether I have circumcised or not. What counts for me is whether I have been transformed into a new creation, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that I should walk in Him. May God’s peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; for they are the new people of God?
From now on don’t let anyone trouble me with these things. For I bear on my body the marks and scars that show I belong to Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment