Friday 24 November 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘A New Life‘

And no one puts new wine into old wineskins, for the new wine bursts the old skins, ruining the skins and spilling the wine. New wine must be put into new wineskins.
(Luke 5:37-38 TLB)

The Pharisees were too rigid to accept Jesus Christ, who could not contained in their traditions or rules. Christianity requires new approaches, new traditions and new structures. Jesus Christ, came to proclaim the new covenant between the Father and humanity, one that requires a whole new person, a person created by a new birth, a birth of the Spirit. This is when in faith we believe that Jesus Christ, is the Son of God, and that He died on the Cross of Calvary; for all our sins. When ask Him to forgive our sins, we become a new creation, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that we should walk ye in Him. When we do this we are a new person, a person created by a new birth, a birth of the Spirit of God. God doesn’t want me to try to make my old nature and old values fit into my new nature and my new life. Instead , He wants me to abandon my old way of life, and concentrate on nourishing my spirit with His words.

                                                           Prayer

Heavenly Father, I desire to do things in Your will and ways. I relinquish my old nature and my old ways of life to You. I want to concentrate on nourishing my spirit by the Spirit of God, taking in and relying, depending, and leaning upon His Word in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment