Wednesday 6 July 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Stay Close To God‘

Run from anything that gives you the evil thoughts that young men often have, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right. Have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord and have pure hearts. (2Timothy 2:22 TLB)

                                                                    Prayer

Father, I shall run from anything that gives me evil thoughts that often I may have, but I shall stay close to Christ, that makes me want to do right. I shall have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord Jesus Christ, and have pure hearts.
When I have to face decisions, and I sense a pondering within my spirit, an uncomfortable pinch in my belly – may the Holy Spirit of God help me to stop and listen. Do not let me be hasty with my actions, just listen and wait before I do anything. I know and I observe that You speak to me in many ways. I shall pay attention to Your invisible spiritual nudging.  Your Word is my daily fortification to guide and lead me into the decisions You want me to make, and when I feel ill at ease or confused, I shall pause and know I need help and guidance  from You. What looks good may not always be the right choice. I am aware that my flesh can be a dangerous influence, always hungrily seeking my own gratification. Help me Holy Spirit, to be wise and take a Holy Spirit break when necessary. I shall recognise My Great Shepherds voice when He speaks to me in the very deep place within my heart: saying, “This is the way walk ye in it through Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment