Monday 4 May 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Restored In Christ


Amos 9:11-12 NLT In that day I will restore the fallen house of David. I will repair its damaged walls. From the ruins I will rebuild it, and restore its former glory. The Lord has spoken and He will do these things.

Before I had a relationship with the Lord, I was completely broken and had no where to go. I had taken many wrong paths in my life, which led me further away from God, but this was about to change in a dramatic way. God is a God of many surprises. He certainly surprised me.
When I went into hospital for major surgery, God sent someone into the hospital to find me. She was in one ward, and I was in another. She told me she had prayed the night before and said, “Lord, I know you have sent me into hospital to find someone, but I feel sure that someone is not across from me.” The next morning after her operation she woke up, and she was diagonally across from me. A relationship began to grow between us. I had been in hospital many times, and I was recovering quickly from the surgery I’d had. I could see she was distressed, I went across to her bed, and asked her if I could do anything for her. She asked me to give her a drink of “Soda Water”, as she had heard it was good for sickness. So, I gave her what she wanted and returned to my bed.
She began to talk to me about Jesus Christ, and one day she asked me, “Avril, do you not believe that Jesus died for you?” I replied, “Yes I do.” From saying those words my life changed radically. I had received Jesus into my heart in the early hours of the Sunday morning, God had woken me up. I began confessing all my sins to Him, and told Him how sorry I was. I was crying uncontrollably, and had no idea what was happening. Then I heard this still small voice say to me, “Avril, everything that has been wrong in your life, I the Lord thy God am going to put all things right.” My friend came to my bedside, she asked me if I was alright? I had explained what had happened to me, and all she said was praise the Lord. 
Well God has been so faithful to me. He is repairing all my damaged walls. From the ruins He is rebuilding my life into a strong Christian in Jesus Christ. He is teaching me through His Holy Spirit, how to pray, to understand the Bible, He is writing His Word upon my heart and mind, so that I never forget these important words. He is teaching me how to be a faithful servant of the living God. God is renewing and restoring the glory of God within me and I am once again under God’s ruling, and will never be apart from Him again.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, how grateful and thankful I am to You for coming and saving and rescuing me. I am Yours and no one will ever separate us again. I am so thankful that You sent Your precious Son to die for me on the Cross of Calvary. He has purified, washed, and cleansed me through the Blood of Christ, and He has forgiven me all my sins. 
I thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit, to live and abide in me. He is my Helper, Teacher, and Comforter, He is guiding, leading me, in the truth of God’s Word. I bring Youall the honour, praise, and glory of God now and forever more in Jesus precious and holy name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment