Friday 15 May 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Holy Spirit Guides Me

Galatians 5:16 NLT So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing your what your sinful nature craves.

It is hard at times when the Holy Spirit of God wants to guide my life, but my sinful nature wants to do the opposite to what He wants me to do. I want all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit of God, to produce in me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control. God is teaching me not to let my feelings, confuse the Spirit of God leading me. I want to be led by the Holy Spirit this involves in me the desire to hear, the readiness to obey God’s Word, and the sensitivity to discern between my feelings and His promptings. Each day, I want to live my life being controlled and guided by the Holy Spirit. When I do this the words of Christ are within my mind, the love of Christ will be behind my actions, and the power of Christ will help me control my selfish desires.

Prayer

Holy Spirit, thank You that You are guiding and leading me in my life, in the life of Jesus Christ. I praise You that You will help me to deal with my sinful nature and cravings. At times this is hard thing for me to do, but knowing You are my Helper; teaches me, I always can seek help from You and then You show me how I am able to overcome those desires within my evil nature bit-bit-bit. I want to You to take over completely in my life, and I will follow You in submission and obedience in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment