Monday 25 May 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Keeping God’s Instructions

Psalm 119:97 NLT Oh, I love Your instructions! I think about them all day long.

Daily, I need to pray that the Holy Spirit of God, will grant me His instructions to enable and empower me to live my life in obedience to God.  I need God’s Word to be rooted and grounded deep within my heart, mind, body, soul and spirit, it makes me wise – wiser than my enemies and wiser than any teachers who ignore it. I need the true wisdom of God, it goes beyond  amassing knowledge: it is applying the knowledge I have learnt through Jesus Christ and through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, in a life-changing way. Intelligent or experienced people are not necessarily wise. Wisdom comes from allowing God’s teachings to guide and lead me in accordance to His Sovereign will. With all of my heart I try to keep the commandments of my God, and refuse to walk in the way of any evil path, so that I may remain obedient to God’s Word.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I choose to listen to Your instruction and guidance through Your Word; in the precious name of Jesus Christ. I lean upon, and depend upon and receive the knowledge and wisdom the Holy Spirit of God, gives to me. In His supernatural power He enables and empowers me to live my life in total obedience to Jesus Christ, my Lord now and forevermore. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment