Tuesday 3 March 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – I Know You Will Answer Me

Psalm 17:6-8 TLB Why am I praying like this? Because I know you will answer me, O God! Yes, listen as I pray. Show me your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking your help against their foes. Protect me as you would the pupil of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings as you hover over me.

Knowing God is our shelter gives us strength. He guards us a mother hen guards her chicks. We will never be able to avoid pain or suffering, but with Jesus we are able to overcome all pain. We are the “apple” of His eye. When trouble comes our way, He gives us knowledge to know He has travelled the route before us. This helps us understand how we must ask Him about the traps and pitfalls we may fail to see and for Him to protect us. God is our protection. He knows what life holds for us on this earth. He has sent the legion of His angels to guard and protect us. We are protected when we put our love and faith and confidence in His abilities and not our own. God demonstrates His faithfulness to us and delivers us through each one of our trials.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am praying like this? Because I know You will answer Me, O God! Yes, listen as I pray. Show me Your strong love in wonderful ways, O Saviour of all those seeking Your help against their foes. Protect me as You would the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings as You hover over me. You give me strength when I am weak. I know I cannot avoid pain or suffering, but with Jesus on my side I am able to overcome all pain. You have given me knowledge to know You have travelled the route before me. This helps me to understand how I must ask You to show me the traps and pitfalls I may fail to see and I ask You to protect me. You hold my life in Your hands. You have sent the legion of Your angels to guard and protect me, because I put my love, faith, confidence in Your abilities and not my own. I praise and thank You forever and always in the name of Jesus Christ, and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment