Friday 30 September 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘You Make Me Wise’

So ever since we first heard about you we have kept on praying and asking God to help you understand what he wants you to do; asking him to make you wise about spiritual things;  and asking that the way you live will always please the Lord and honor him, so that you will always be doing good, kind things for others, while all the time you are learning to know God better and better. (Colossians 1:9-10 TLB))

                                                                   Prayer

Gracious and loving Heavenly Father, ever since I first heard about You; I have kept on praying and asking You, O God; to help me understand what You want me to do; asking You to make me wise about spiritual things, and asking that the way that I live will always please You, Lord, and honour You, so that I will always be doing good, kind things for others, while all the time I am learning to know You better and better.
Father God, Your power has transformed my life because I invited You to do so. I made the decision right from the moment I met with You, to allow You; to transform my life the way You wanted too. 
Even when the demands of the day may drain me of strength or rob me of the joy that is rightfully mine. But even in my busiest day – or my darkest – I can be comforted in the knowledge that You have the power to renew my spirit and my life. I have a new beginning with You, and nothing on this earth will steal my new beginning with You. My heart is turned towards God. I have discovered that my great Creator of the universe is in the business of making all things new – including me. I surrender, relinquish, yield and commit my will and ways to the ways of Jesus Christ now and forever more. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment