Tuesday 28 June 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Stir Up The Flame Within Me’

This being so, I want to remind you to stir into flame the strength and boldness [*] that is in you, that entered into you when I laid my hands upon your head and blessed you. 7 For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them. (2 Timothy 1:6-7 TLB)

                                                                  Prayer

Holy Spirit, I ask you remind me to stir into flame the strength and boldness that is within me, that entered into me when the elders of the church laid their hands upon my head and blessed me. God has gifted me with the Holy Spirit, so that I shall not be afraid of people, but He wants me to be wise and strong, and to love and enjoy being with them. 
I ask God to prompt me when my flame begins to flicker, and ask Him not to allow the flame to dim itself within me. Do not let me shift my eyes or life from Jesus Christ, but I ask You to keep my eyes focused on my precious Lord, so He will become bigger than any kind of obstacles or difficulties I may have. I ask Him to help me recognise any discouraging thoughts which may come from the devil, not let anything take root within me.
When I was filled with the Holy Spirit, I must be careful not to spring a leak asking Him to refill my heart afresh and anew, and confess all my sins before Him daily. I commit and commend my life, body, soul, and spirit to Him today and everyday of my life into eternity with Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment