Monday 19 October 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

‘I Am in the Race’

Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

“We get the eternal prize.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am in the race in such a way that I desire to win the prize. Let me run with You to win the prize and reap the rewards of my faith in Christ. Holy Spirit, help me to practice self-control and always go for the eternal prize. Let me run straight to the goal of my purpose with each step I take. Let me be disciplined in Christ and empower me to do things in His will and ways. At each crossroad in my life there are choices that I have to make. Holy Spirit, help me to make all the right choices. Sometimes this will mean I need to give up something good in order to do what God wants. I am willing to do this. I am determined that discipline and denial must be what God wants from me. Do not let me be influenced by man/woman again. Let me always be under the influence of my God under control of the Holy Spirit of God. Sustain me in the power of Jesus Christ’s name and let me have a strong spiritual backbone, in the Holy Spirit of God. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt


Being true disciples of Jesus Christ, we should wish for more than anything to win the race that is required of us to have purpose and discipline. We know that being a Christian takes hard work, self-denial, and gruelling preparation. As Christians, we must run toward our heavenly reward. The essential disciplines we should have are  prayer, Bible Study, and worshipping God, which equip us to run the race with vigour and stamina. We do not want to merely observe from the grandstand, nor do we want to jog a couple of laps each morning but be in it for the long haul to receive the eternal prize of our faith by training diligently as our spiritual progress depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment