Friday 3 July 2015

New Blog Post: ‘A Servant of the Highest God’

For instance, there was God’s promise to Abraham: God took an oath in His own name, since there was no one greater to swear by, that He would bless Abraham again and again, and give him a son and make him the father of a great nation of people. Then Abraham waited patiently until finally God gave him a son, Isaac, just as He promised. (Hebrews 6:13-15 TLB)

Give your burdens to the Lord. He will carry them. He will not permit the godly to slip or fall. (Psalm 55:22 TLB)

Prayer

Lord God, I am Your servant and I will serve You and You alone. You have made a promise with me and I will not lose this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what. You have promised me that You will bless me again and again as You did with Abraham, and so I wait patiently for those promises to be poured out upon me and my family.

I cast all my burdens upon You, because You care for me and will carry them for me and will not permit the godly to slip or fall. I know You will take away that immense feeling of responsibility I’ve had, replacing it with an awareness and understanding of Yourself and Your presence. I have an intimate fellowship with Jesus Christ, so I shall not be defeated. I place all my burdens upon God because He cares for me. The Government is upon His shoulders. He is called Wonderful Counsellor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. I commit and commend my life to the ways and will of Christ forever and always in His precious and holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment