Wednesday 15 July 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Lean Upon the Promiser’

Abraham trusted God, and when God told him to leave home and go far away to another land that He promised to give to Him. Abraham obeyed. Away he went, not even knowing where he was going. (Hebrews 11:8 TLB)

Prayer

Lord Jesus, by faith, You have called me to go to a place where afterwards I would receive mine inheritance. I have obeyed You just as Abraham did. It is enough for me to know that I go with You, O God. I have learnt not so much about the promises You have said to me, but much more, I have learnt to lean upon the Promiser. I do not look at the difficulties of my lot, but on the King, eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, who had designed to appoint my course and would certainly vindicate Himself. O glorious faith! This is Thy work, these are Thy possibilities, contentment to sail with sealed orders, because of unwavering confidence in the wisdom of the Lord High Admiral; willing-hood to rise up, leaving all, and following Christ, because of the glad assurance that earth’s best cannot bear comparison with Heaven’s least.

Oh, let me set out cheerfully with my God on any venture of faith. I shall tear into small pieces any itinerary for the journey which my imagination may have drawn up. Nothing will fall out as I expect. My guide will keep to no beaten path. He will lead me by away such as I never dreamed my eyes would look upon. He knows no fear, and He expects me to fear nothing while He is with me. All glory, honour, praise and adoration and love belongs to Jesus Christ my precious Lord, and through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, I adore my heavenly Father. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment