Monday 27 July 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional ‘Special Favour’

‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

Reading: 2 Peter 3:18

“Grow in the grace of God.”

Prayer

O God, I shall grow in Your special favour and knowledge through my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I know my spiritual growth is a process, and I need to lean upon, rely upon, and depend upon the Holy Spirit of God to carry out the counselling within me. Please O God; bring my house into order through the order of Jesus Christ. Thank You for the lessons I am learning; may they be assimilated in my life. You are engineering my circumstances with a definite result in mind. Part of Your plan is to bring me to the end of myself and to a point of desperation where I get so sick of myself at my inability to change; I throw my hands up and surrender completely to Your will. I want to do this now in Jesus Christ. Help me to grow deeper in God, knowing I can have a spirit-filled life in You full of love, joy, and peace. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt

God has poured His divine grace and favour upon us in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. We need His grace and favour to enhance our spiritual growth. It is a process we need to rely upon, lean upon, and depend upon through the Spirit of God who counsels us. When we ask Him to bring our houses into order, He will do this for us as He is a God of order and does not like unruliness. He teaches us deeper lessons, and they are being assimilated and adapted in our lives. He is the One who engineers our circumstances, and He has a definite result in mind. He brings us to the end of our worldly selves and our inability to change. We need to put or hands up and admit to Him we need to surrender completely to His will. We should only want what God wants for us. The most important lesson one can learn is to be obedient to Christ and ask Him to place us in the centre of His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment