Monday 1 June 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional - ‘Be Cheerful’

‘Be Cheerful’

Reading: Colossians 3:23

Prayer

Lord Jesus, let me cheerful at whatever You may ask me to do, whether it is for Your people or for You. Since the Creation, You have always given me something to do. I regard my work as an act of worship and service to God. Let my attitude not be of drudgery or boredom but of praise and thanksgiving. I do not want to complain or be resentful, but I always want to be grateful to God for all He does for me. I want to obedient to God. I know whatever I do, I do unto the Lord. He is my Master, and I want to please Him. I have no intention of giving up my faith, but I ask Jesus, to increase it and to help me overcome all my fears. I will stand firm,in God, and He will stand firm with me. How grateful I am to You for Your Son Jesus Christ and for the Holy Spirit of God. Thank You for all the help You give me. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt


We need to have a loving and cheerful heart no matter what tasks God gives us to do for Him or for His people. Our work is an act of worship and service to God, and we must not want to have the wrong attitudes. Drudgery or boredom does not fit who we are in Christ Jesus. We must not complain or be resentful but be grateful to God for all He does for us through Jesus Christ our Lord. We need to yield and submit our lives to Him living a life totally for Him. More than anything, we must desire to please our Master in everything we do; if it is through faith, our confidence should be built totally upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment