Friday 29 May 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Jesus Is My Power and Strength’

You were dead in sins, and your sinful desires were not yet cut away. Then He gave you a share in the very life of Christ, for He forgave all your sins, and blotted out the charges proved against you, the list of His commandments which you had not obeyed. He took this list of sins and destroyed it by nailing it to Christ’s cross. In this way God took away Satan’s power to accuse you of sin, and God openly displayed to the whole world Christ’s triumph at the cross where your sins were all taken away. Colossians 2:13-15 TLB

Prayer

O my beloved God, I praise and thank You that You have taken my sinful desires away. I confess all my sinful nature before You and lay it down at the footstool of the cross. My old sinful nature has been crucified with Christ Jesus, and I no longer live but Christ God lives in me. This life that I now live in this body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and who died for me.
I thank You that You have given me this new life in Christ. He has forgiven me all of my sins, having cancelled the written code with its regulations, that was against me and that stood opposed to me, and He took all my sins away nailing them to the cross. He has disarmed the powers and authorities, and has made them a public spectacle of them triumphing over them by the cross.
Now, I can live my life in faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me.  He has shown me that in faith, I have triumphed over all my sickness, death; dying; all of my adverse circumstances. He is the power and the glory and He has made me victorious over all strife and I can look down and sing my song of triumph on this side of heaven.
It is for freedom that Jesus Christ has set me free. So, I stand firm, and I will not let myself be yoked to the bondage of slavery again, but shall wear the yoke of Christ Jesus and be yoked to Him in all things from now into eternity I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment