Wednesday 13 May 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Lord, Keep me Safe’

Psalm 16:1-2, 5-9 NIV Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge. I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing.”
Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure.

2 Thessalonians 3:2-5 NIV And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance?

Prayer

O my precious Lord, keep me safe, for in You I take refuge. I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing.”  Lord, You have signed me my potion and my cup; You have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise You, O Lord, for You counsel me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set You Lord before me always. Because You are at my right hand, I will not be shaken, therefore, my heart is so glad and my tongue rejoices my body also will rest secure. I pray You would deliver me from wicked and evil men/women for not everyone has faith. But You Lord are faithful, and You will strengthen and protect me from the evil one.
I have confidence in You, Lord that I am doing and will continue to do the things You command me to do in obedience to Jesus Christ, and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

Lord, You have redeemed my life from the pit and You have crowned me with the love and compassion. You saved my life. You, Lord, delight in a man’s way. You delight to make my steps firm; I will not fall, for You, Lord, uphold me with Your righteous right hand. I will be still before You Lord, and wait patiently for You as I commit my ways to the Lord and trust in Him in all things. I praise and bless You, Lord, now and forever in Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment