Wednesday 27 May 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Commit All You Do To The Lord’

Commit your work to the Lord, and then it will succeed. The Lord has made everything for His own purposes – even the wicked for punishment.  Proverbs 16:3-4 TLB

(vv.6-7) Iniquity is atoned for by mercy and truth; evil is avoided by reverence for God. When a man is trying to please God, God makes even His worst enemies to be at peace with Him.

(v.9) We should make plans – counting on God to direct us.

(v.11) The Lord demands fairness in every business deal. He established this principle.

(vv. 20-23) God blesses those who obey Him; happy the man who puts his trust in the Lord. The wise man is known by his common sense, and a pleasant teacher is best. Wisdom is a fountain of life to those possessing it, but a fool’s burden is his folly. From a wise mind comes careful and persuasive speech.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I commit and surrender all of my plans, dreams, and visions to You. Whatever I do, let it always be in obedience to Jesus Christ, being completely surrendered to the Holy Spirit of God, then I know I shall succeed and be blessed in God.
Lord, You do work everything out for Your own purposes, so I have no need to be anxious or troubled how things will work out for me. I place my complete confidence and trust into Your hands. I shall live my life in the truth of who Christ Jesus is, and I will follow the example He has laid out for me to follow through His Word, putting everything I have learned from You into action through my faith in God. 
God has made a plan for my life – I am counting on Him to fulfil and direct the course He wants me to take. I accept and receive the principles God has established for me to follow and I will keep those principles deep within my heart and life.
God you will bless those who obey You; and I shall be happy because I have put my trust in You. You have given me wisdom and common sense; for You are my Teacher who gives to me what is best and right for me through Jesus Christ. I desire to heed to the instructions You have given me to follow. Grant me the discernment and wisdom I need to grow closer in faith with God. I depend upon the Holy Spirit of God that He has promised to take care of me and I trust in what He has spoken to me.

I ask You to guide my mouth, so that my lips may promote instruction to those You have placed in my path. You have said to me, “My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the King; my tongue is the pen of a skilful writer.”  I bring all the honour, glory, and praise to my heavenly Father through the precious and holy name of Jesus Christ my precious Lord now and always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment