Friday 28 June 2013

New Blog Post: "Pay Attention To God"



Proverbs 22:17-18 NIV Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips.

God began to teach me through His Holy Spirit how to pray, read His Word, and listen to His voice and be still in His presence. Sitting at Jesus’ feet daily His Words began to unfold within my heart and mind. I was like a sponge wanting to soak and enjoy His love, joy, wisdom, and knowledge, needing more of His teaching to further my walk with Him. He had my full attention and I would apply His teaching to my life with His help.
Listening to the Word of God helped my faith to grow within my heart. The more I read God’s Word the more it became rooted and grounded within me. I meditated upon on it and used it in prayer to pray God’s Words back to Him. I needed God’s wisdom and common sense, which is the rod of His discipline and training, to lead me in the ways of God. Like all children we need our parents to discipline us so that we do not become unruly. We must give up struggling and striving and accept God’s salvation through Jesus Christ who died on the Cross for us.
He taught me to understand things which I was ignorant of before I met my Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ; He has shown me just how awesome God is. He has always been faithful to me and has answered me in the faithfulness of His promises. He is keen for us to know more about Him and for our relationship to grow deep with Him. I was willing to learn from Him bit by bit it all became clear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment