Friday 14 June 2013

New Blog Post: "Trusting In God"



Psalm 119:57 NIV You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey Your Words.

I have found trusting in God has been the best decision I could have made. Man/women had let me down big time but meeting God has reversed my thinking and He showed me He would never let me down.
My relationship with Jesus Christ is growing daily. He has given me the gift of faith to believe I would be able to overcome all of the wrong thoughts which were contrary to His will. He convicts me when I step out of line and disciplines me through the Holy Spirit of God. He gives me the confidence to know He has forgiven me as I place my trust in Him. My expectations are in God. I pray consistently to Him and I do expect Him to work out His purposes for me. He never gets things wrong and what He says He will surely do. Freedom comes when we do things in the way that honours God. He wants us to be obedient to Him and obey His laws and decrees. This does not inhibit or restrain us instead it frees us to be what God designed us to be. Seeking God’s salvation and forgiveness gives us freedom from sin and the resulting oppressive guilt. We must live in the way God wants us to live so He can fulfill His purpose in the plans He has for our lives. If you want to please God and honour Him with our lives, we must get to know His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment