Monday 24 June 2013

New Blog Post: "Patience In God"



Hebrews 6:12 NIV We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what been promised.

God has shown me how to become patient. He used the vision He gave to me in Habakkuk 2:2-3 NIV. Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay” this Scripture was given to me in nineteen eighty nine when asked to write the book ‘A House Of Prayer’ – Daily Devotional.
There was no question of me ever being disobedient to God, I knew what He wanted me to do and with true grit and determination I was going to do it. With the Holy Spirit of God I began to write the book in faith. God was testing my faith and He was challenging me to do this great task. My mind and eyes were focused upon God at all times. I knew through Jesus Christ I could do all things through Him who gave me strength.  
God was building me in patience as I went through many trials and tribulations. This built my faith further and helped me to endure and persevere until I saw the fulfilment of God’s Words come to pass. God said it; God would do it in His way and according to His plans. He would work out all the circumstances for me and I would walk and be obedient to His will then He would do the rest. 
I put all my energies into writing the book every free moment I had and once it was finished, I relinquished it back to God for Him to do what He said and promised. God increased my faith to believe His Word would come to pass when He was good and ready.
The book was published in November 2012, it took me twenty three years plus before it all came to pass but I never gave up on God and my faith became stronger. Learning patience was a big thing for me. I thought everything would happen instantly when God said it. What I have learnt from the lessons God has given me everything is at His appointed time and we have to learn to be patient and wait for Him to get everything into place before His Words can be fulfilled. God has proven His faithfulness to me many times and He has never let me down. I love Him with all of my heart, mind, body, spirit and soul. Accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord and asking Him to take up residence within my heart was the best decision I have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment