Friday 20 March 2015

New Blog Post: 'Surviving in the Tough Times’

2 Corinthians 4:17 NCV We have small troubles for a while now, but they are helping us gain an eternal glory that is much greater than the troubles.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I will keep Your commandments, and I will abide in Your love. Help me to show more of Your love to others for this is Your clear commandment to me. Let me lay down my life for my family and friends. 
Let Your light shine out of me, out of my heart; out of darkness to give to me the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
I have this treasure In jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power that is given to me is from God and not from me.
I am hard pressed on every side, but not crushed, perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 
In my body I will always carry around the death of the Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in my body. 
Therefore I do not lose heart. Though outwardly I am wasting away, yet inwardly I am being renewed day by day. For the light affliction which is but a moment, is working for me more exceedingly and eternal weight of glory. This is why I fix my eyes on what is unseen. The peace I have comes from knowing God is in control, the joy that flows from loving Him, and the strength that springs from His presence sustains me in all my troubles. 
Jesus Christ is with me. He will never leave me or forsake me. I lean upon the Holy Spirit of God, depending upon Him for all of my needs now and forever more. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment