Monday 28 October 2013

New Blog Post: "We Need Wisdom"



Proverbs 4:10-15 NIV Listen, My son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.

We all need God’s Wisdom to keep us on the path of His commandments. When we do not ask for wisdom from God we may find ourselves in trouble. God wants to guide and lead us in the way of wisdom and lead us along straight paths. We have to make our own choices in life and decide whether we are we going to listen to Him and obey Him.  
From my own personal experience when I have stepped out of God’s will I have had to take the consequences of being disobedient to Him? God has trained me in how to be obedient through His Holy Spirit. Reading God’s Word and praying has been the key factor in my life with God.
Through reading God’s Word I could see how Jesus behaved with His Father; I also wanted to copy His example and do the same things with the Father as He had done. Jesus was never disobedient and now I did not want to be disobedient either. 

We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10 NIV). 

This is the example the Father left for us to follow. We must take on board the truth of what the Word of God says. We must compare and test everything to the Scriptures to make sure they are from God and not from man. God knows His children’s hearts and so therefore He knows the truth of what and who we are and what we shall become.
From the moment I made the commitment to God and was Born Again in His Son I have not looked back. God has been so loving and faithful to me and showed me when He says He will do something in my life He has always done it. He increased my faith as He worked things out. Sometimes I have had to wait for Him to do what He has said and promised me but whilst I have been waiting for Him to act it taught me how to be patient and walk in obedience regardless of what was going on all around me. God does not always act immediately. He uses trials in our lives to teach us how to trust Him. I have had to go through many trials and I do not regret any one of those trials. God allowed those trials to teach me great lessons to build my faith and trust in Him. I can honestly say I am so grateful to God. I continue to praise and thank Him worshipping and loving Him because I know He only will do what is right and best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment