Wednesday 9 October 2013

New Blog Post: "Strengthened in God"



1 Thessalonians 3:13 NIV May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus Christ comes with all His holy ones.

When I met with God I was so weak. I did not seem to have any strength within me to deal with everyday life. He is the One who has strengthened and supported me from the moment I made my peace with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. He has increased me in His love and now it overflows into the hearts of others. He has “set me apart” (for God) and He is in the process of sanctifying me to become the person He wants me to become.
It is not easy to let go of the world but God’s Spirit enables us to do this. He holds us together through Jesus Christ and we become stronger as He builds each one of us up in our faith. Our faith is increased to help us to endure whatever we come across within our lives that day. God wants us to see all things from His point-of-view and not our own point-of-view. If He allows something to happen to us it is because He wants to change something within us. He is in the business of changing us daily into the image of His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. He is getting rid of all those things (sins) we allowed into our lives when we belonged to the world. He deals with our sins gradually at the pace we can take and He will not give us anything we cannot handle. He does not want us to rebel or go against Him. Whatever He is doing within our lives He is doing it for our own good. He wants the best for each one of His children and so we should allow Him the freedom to do whatever He wants to do and not be the obstacles standing in His way of Him putting our lives right. We go from strength to strength in the name of the Lord. God does not get things wrong. He knows what He is doing and why He is doing it. This is when we should walk by faith and not by sight and trust in Him to do what He knows is right and best for our individual lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment