Friday 29 September 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Pray Wisely‘

He went forward a little, and fell face downward on the ground, and prayed, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup be taken away from me. But I want your will, not mine.” (Matthew 26:39 TLB)
Sometimes we want to know our futures and understand the reason why we may be anxious or troubled. We want to get quick answers for what we are going through, and we must pray effectively, our goal should not be to to offer quick, thoughts, or self-willed prayers in hopes of receiving speedy answers. Instead, we must learn to pray wisely and wait patiently. Along with voicing our concerns and requests to God, we should also offer ourselves up in submission to our Father, as Jesus did in Gethsemane. (Matthew 26:39) Jesus knew what lay ahead for Him, and He knew the reason why He had to go through it. Even so, His struggles were intense – more wrenching than any struggle we will ever have to face. What does it take to be able to say, “I want Your will to be done”? It takes firm trust in God’s plans; it takes prayer and obedience each step of the way. When we are yielded and obedience to the Lord, His Spirit guides us and provides the wisdom we need in order to pray according to His will.
                                                             Prayer

Holy Spirit, thank You for teaching me how to pray. Thank You for showing me You know what the future holds and You will take care of it for me. I am ever grateful and thankful to You for this. I want Your will to be done on earth as it is heaven for the honour, praise and glory of Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment