Sunday 19 March 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Stand Against Temptation’

Don’t bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the Evil One. [*] Amen. 
(Matthew 6:13 TLB)

                                                      Prayer

Gracious Father, I ask You to help me to overcome the temptations Satan and his demons tempt me with. I know they are smarter than and more powerful than I could ever imagine. I live in their domain, in the world. Father, when I fall into temptations, the consequences in my life can be devastating to my soul, and to the lives of others and to the intimacy with the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God. 
Today, Father, I ask You to help me avoid all temptations and lead me into the paths away from temptations. I pray that You will deliver me from the path and power of the Evil One. Father, Satan knows what I react to, and once he creates a spark, he knows how to fan the flame within me. He knows how to appeal to every aspect of my human nature which fall short of God’s glorious ideal; yet now God declares me “not guilty” of offending Him if I trust in Jesus Christ, who in His kindness freely takes away my sins. Today, I pray that I never underestimate the power of Satan and his temptations, or even worse I overestimate my ability to overcome them. Each day, I shall abide in Your words, take up my cross and sword and follow You, being harnessed to You in everything I do. I praise and honour the precious name Jesus Christ, my precious Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment