Thursday 5 January 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Evil Desires’

Those who belong to Christ have nailed their natural evil desires to his cross and crucified them there. (Galatians 5:24 TLB)
Being punished isn’t enjoyable while it is happening—it hurts! But afterwards we can see the result, a quiet growth in grace and character. (Hebrews 12:11 TLB)


                                                                  Prayer

Father, those who belong to Christ Jesus, have nailed their natural evil desires to His cross. 
I have been crucified with Christ: and I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the real life I now have within this body is a result of my trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 TLB)
Father, I admit to You I have been afraid of self-denial, of saying no to myself; I have been afraid of not being appreciated, of disappointing someone. I have been afraid of failure, of being unimportant, of being out-done. The problem for me is not lack of time, it is a lack of being disciplined. Father, I ask You to give to me a heavenly boost and a divine nudge to help me recognise my need for discipline and sustained to be dedicated to a task I have to do. You will never give to me more than I can handle. I have nothing to fear. Being punished isn’t enjoyable while it is happening – it hurts! But afterwards the result, is a quiet growth in grace and character the character of Christ. 
Father God, You have given me the ability to do all things well for Your honour and glory. I pray You would increase my faith, with Your grace and mercy helping me to become more Christ-like now and forever more. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment