Monday 6 October 2014

New Blog Post: “Live for Today”



James 4:15 NLT “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please help me to live today, and help me not to run ahead of You. Your perfect will is so important to me more than anything within my life. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. Your purpose is to give me Your life in all its fullness.
Help me not to allow Satan to get me thinking so much about tomorrow that I fail to live for today in a way that pleases You.
None of us know what’s ahead. We can think and plan, but, Lord Jesus, I realize now it’s up to God to make His plan work and not me. I have done everything to the best of my knowledge and ability. God, You will show me Your will so that I don’t boast or race ahead of You. I shall wait on God. I put my total confidence in Him and in His faithfulness to me. He will do all He has said and promised me and His promises shall come forth in Christ Jesus my precious Lord’s Name. Amen.

Lessons to be Learnt

When we try to plan ahead of God, we realise things do not always go in the way we plan for them to go. God knows exactly what He has planned individually for each person’s lives. The Holy Spirit of God teaches us how to lean, rely and depend upon Him in faith. We must never try to run ahead of God. The enemy will try to steal and destroy the plans God has made for us. He wants us to do things in our own strength, will and power and not to depend upon the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. None of us know what is ahead but God’s plans shall come forth. This is when we must trust God in faith to lead us in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God step by step.
Prayer and reading God’s Word is the way to do this. We must never touch anything that does not have God’s grace or peace within it. As long as we are doing everything to the best of our knowledge and ability then it is up to God to show us the way He wants us to walk and on no account must we boast or race ahead of Him. We must not spend the day planning tomorrow and avoid the issues that confront us today. This is one of Satan’s oldest tricks – to plan for tomorrow and he wants us to ignore today. Jesus promised us life in abundance. In John 10:10 NCV it says, A thief comes to steal and destroy, but I came to give life – life in all its fullness we must give our lives fully to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment