Friday 7 February 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Godly Living

1 Timothy 2:1-4 TLB Here are my directions: Pray much for others; plead for God’s mercy upon them; give thanks for all he is going to do for them. Pray in this way for kings and all others who are in authority over us, or are in places of high responsibility, so that we can live in peace and quietness, spending our time in godly living and thinking much about the Lord. This is good and pleases God our Savior, for He longs for all to be saved and to understand this truth.

Surrendering your life to the authority of Jesus Christ is a daily decision. If we pray our requests before Christ and intercede for His people, then we must expect Him to answer us at His appointed time. We must never give up until we see our prayers answered. After all, He is an all-powerful and an all-knowing God. Whatever is needed in one’s life, He will take care of it for them. We need to pray daily to be empowered by the Spirit of God and be under the Holy Spirit’s leadership. We must stand firm in our faith in Christ. We need the Holy Spirit of God to enable us to do so. He gives us a new middle name “Stand”, and this is what we should intend to do when the enemy tries to steal from us. We stand in God and then throw the enemy back at him. Remembering our past, present, and future experience God has given us leads us to victory against them. God works many miracles within us and helps us deal with the many Goliaths we have experienced. He continues His deliverance within each of us daily and into the future. Walking in obedience and surrendering our lives to Christ is the only option we should want to take.

Prayer

Father, I thank You that You enable and empower me to live a Godly life in quietness and peace. I praise and thank You for delivering me from all the giants I allowed to come into my life. I surrender to the authority of Christ Jesus, and I “Stand” in Him. I thank You also for sealing my spirit, soul, heart and mind in the Holy Spirit of God. I ask You to continually renew my mind, into the mind of Jesus Christ.
I pray for others too, that they also may have the knowledge and wisdom of the truth Your Word. I commit and commend this prayer to You in the precious name of Jesus Christ, giving You all the praise and thanksgiving. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment